Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agma suggestion (locked name)
So i was wondering if there could be a option to Lock your account name for Gold members, so for example if i wanna use the name "HazR" i would have to type a Username and a Password. So that people cant get faked. It would make it alot more easy for players to trust eachother, and it should only be like the normal character name that should be locked.
Btw my real name is Cam, people just call me Kevin
[-] The following 2 users Like Kevin/HazR 's post:
  • QueenHeather, ™ Chronic
(07-10-2017, 06:20 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote: So i was wondering if there could be a option to Lock your account name for Gold members, so for example if i wanna use the name "HazR" i would have to type a Username and a Password. So that people cant get faked. It would make it alot more easy for players to trust eachother, and it should only be like the normal character name that should be locked.

I could be wrong, but I would suspect that accounts will become involved, and that would have the same result.

We just have to be patient. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(07-11-2017, 04:48 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 06:20 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote: So i was wondering if there could be a option to Lock your account name for Gold members, so for example if i wanna use the name "HazR" i would have to type a Username and a Password. So that people cant get faked. It would make it alot more easy for players to trust eachother, and it should only be like the normal character name that should be locked.

I could be wrong, but I would suspect that accounts will become involved, and that would have the same result.

What do you mean? 0.o
(07-11-2017, 10:33 AM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

What do you mean? 0.o

Undahstanding weel come to you, gwasshoppa!

~checks his underbelly for signs of vodka poisoning & spam~
Fight the Good Fight
(07-11-2017, 11:53 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 10:33 AM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

What do you mean? 0.o

Undahstanding weel come to you, gwasshoppa!

~checks his underbelly for signs of vodka poisoning & spam~

eh?

are you talking about names on game cells? How will that stop anyone from typing what they want as a name
Bullies have personal issues.
(07-11-2017, 12:22 PM)™ Chronic Wrote:

are you talking about names on game cells? How will that stop anyone from typing what they want as a name

So when i for example wanted to use the name "HazR" and typed it in, it would activate a script that would require me to type a Username and a Password to use that specific name.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kevin/HazR 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
A protection to avoid the fakes and thus avoid that people use the identity of another person

I would also add an option change password
                                                        [Image: Eqatombe1d010.gif]

thx at @run SPOT run  for this  Sig`s  
[-] The following 2 users Like EqAtOmBe 's post:
  • Sora, ™ Chronic
(07-11-2017, 12:27 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

So when i for example wanted to use the name "HazR" and typed it in, it would activate a script that would require me to type a Username and a Password to use that specific name.

Good idea. I think it should be like that for every one not just gold members. Its more a tool than a benefit. Sora could then effectively and quickly deal with IP numbers who have names like "No Dogs No Niggers"  He will only need the name and then he has the ip number. Others wouldn't be-able to fake names and cause  trouble.
Bullies have personal issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • Squirrel
(07-11-2017, 01:58 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: Good idea. I think it should be like that for every one not just gold members. Its more a tool than a benefit. Sora could then effectively and quickly deal with IP numbers who have names like "No Dogs No Niggers"  He will only need the name and then he has the ip number. Others wouldn't be-able to fake names and cause  trouble.

I think a proper login system has been intended from the start, but that they did this for ease-of-use, and to get people testing the Beta version faster.

It clearly can't stay the way it is, for technical reasons.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(07-11-2017, 01:58 PM)™ Chronic Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 12:27 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

Good idea. I think it should be like that for every one not just gold members. Its more a tool than a benefit. Sora could then effectively and quickly deal with IP numbers who have names like "No Dogs No Niggers"  He will only need the name and then he has the ip number. Others wouldn't be-able to fake names and cause  trouble.

no only gold members
Locked nicknames cannot be implemented since there are multiple issues behind. It is a nice idea. It was partly worked on, but there were too many conflicting issues with the idea. (players who are already spawned with a specific nick, players on other gameservers, duration of nickname lock, user interface for it all, skins previously attached to a locked name, and more)
Remmeber that you have both username, and nickname. Username cannot change and is unique, but nickname can change and is not. It might be possible in the future to right click a playercell and view its username if logged in. As well as viewing player's level. That should make it impossible for someone to fake being you.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 3 users Like Sora's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , QueenHeather, ™ Chronic
(07-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Sora Wrote: Locked nicknames cannot be implemented since there are multiple issues behind. It is a nice idea. It was partly worked on, but there were too many conflicting issues with the idea.
Remmeber that you have both username, and nickname. Username cannot change and is unique, but nickname can change and is not. It might be possible to right click a playercell and view its username if logged in. As well as viewing player's level. That should make it impossible for someone to fake being you.

hmmm true
Being able to right click and see username and level would eliminate any friends believing that a fake is you. Great idea @Sora
Have any questions? Feel free to send me a private message! 

Please remember, I’m only a forums moderator. Not in Agma!  Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes QueenHeather's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(07-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Sora Wrote: Locked nicknames cannot be implemented since there are multiple issues behind. It is a nice idea. It was partly worked on, but there were too many conflicting issues with the idea. (players who are already spawned with a specific nick, players on other gameservers, duration of nickname lock, user interface for it all, skins previously attached to a locked name, and more)
Remmeber that you have both username, and nickname. Username cannot change and is unique, but nickname can change and is not. It might be possible in the future to right click a playercell and view its username if logged in. As well as viewing player's level. That should make it impossible for someone to fake being you.

I kind of figured that you'd do away with nicknames altogether...

You could allow a user to change their name, I suppose, if the name weren't already taken.

Name changes drive me crazy, and make me not want to talk to anyone... (lol -- on Discord and in the game alike)!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ™ Chronic