Agario Forum | The Online Agar.io Leading Community
Agma.io Twitter - Printable Version

+- Agario Forum | The Online Agar.io Leading Community (http://agarioforums.net)
+-- Forum: News (http://agarioforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ideas (http://agarioforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Agma.io Twitter (/showthread.php?tid=69589)

Agma.io Twitter - Doxxin - 10-12-2020

If Agma.io follows you on twitter, you should get like a twitter thinging next to your name? It will make people wanna check out the agma.io twitter more often.

RE: Agma.io Twitter - Squirrel - 10-13-2020

(10-12-2020, 04:59 PM)Doxxin Wrote: If Agma.io follows you on twitter, you should get like a twitter thinging next to your name? It will make people wanna check out the agma.io twitter more often.

I have never been a fan of Twitter -- to me, it is a series of nonsensical one-liners about people's lives, and I don't know why anyone uses it at all. (lol)

But yet, some people spend so much time on social media sites that it is a regular daily thing for them. But how many of those are going to be Agma.io players?! I suppose that Sora keeps his nose in it because you never know when someone is going to Tweet about the fun they had that day in Agma, and it might draw some of that person's friends into trying it out.

If you have a sizeable (more than 1K followers) Twitter feed, you might try to mention it more often, and use your referral link to try and get some of your followers to give it a try, and make some extra rewards from the referrals as Sora intended.

(This, as opposed to all the garbage-pickers unrightly trying to 'farm' referrals by creating accounts, playing them to lvl 5, then quitting & starting again. This often just simply doesn't work because unbeknownst to you, it knows you're already a player, and the refferal does not apply to you, so you get nothing anyways. These guys are just wasting their time, trying to squeeze blood from stones.)

For me, I just never use Twitter, and see it as one of the most spectacularly useless parts of social media. "I have a hair appointment today. I can't wait to tell my hairdresser 'DBrenda' everything that's been going on with me!" Like, reallyt, who would care?!

My one-time-use though is a bit of a funny story.

Working nights at an Internet provider, we are of course "multi-homed" meaning we have multiple upstream providers, so that if oone of them has a problem of one sort or another, that we are not affected. As part of a 'diverse' network, we maintain a small off-site presence of our own physical gear so that our network not only involves multiple upstream providers, but also multiple physical locations.

So one night, all the gear we have at our off-site location goes dark. Try as I might, I cannot gain anything, not even a reply ping, from any of our gear there. I called the 24 hr # for the provider we were using (they owned space in the #1 most important Internet location here in our city), but no-one was answering their phones.

After hours of being unable to reach it, and not having answers, I finally resorted to Twitter, and searching, I was able to find a few other IT professionals who, like myself, were having trouble getting to their gear. Some of them were close enough and had actually visited the site -- not an option for me -- and in discussing it with each other I was able to understand what had happened. It turns out that there was a UPS fire in the suite of the provider we were using, so since the UPS is an electrical device, the first step of respondimng to that by the fire department, is to make sure the power is off to the unit... lololol

So yes, if you know what it does, and you have an odd situation, and other people involved are regular Twitter users, once in a blue moon it can end up being useful!

Until that night, I had never dreamed that I'd ever find Twitter useful for anything.

RE: Agma.io Twitter - Tonyagma - 10-14-2020

(10-13-2020, 03:44 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 04:59 PM)Doxxin Wrote: If Agma.io follows you on twitter, you should get like a twitter thinging next to your name? It will make people wanna check out the agma.io twitter more often.

I have never been a fan of Twitter -- to me, it is a series of nonsensical one-liners about people's lives, and I don't know why anyone uses it at all. (lol)

But yet, some people spend so much time on social media sites that it is a regular daily thing for them. But how many of those are going to be Agma.io players?! I suppose that Sora keeps his nose in it because you never know when someone is going to Tweet about the fun they had that day in Agma, and it might draw some of that person's friends into trying it out.

If you have a sizeable (more than 1K followers) Twitter feed, you might try to mention it more often, and use your referral link to try and get some of your followers to give it a try, and make some extra rewards from the referrals as Sora intended.

(This, as opposed to all the garbage-pickers unrightly trying to 'farm' referrals by creating accounts, playing them to lvl 5, then quitting & starting again. This often just simply doesn't work because unbeknownst to you, it knows you're already a player, and the refferal does not apply to you, so you get nothing anyways. These guys are just wasting their time, trying to squeeze blood from stones.)

For me, I just never use Twitter, and see it as one of the most spectacularly useless parts of social media. "I have a hair appointment today. I can't wait to tell my hairdresser 'DBrenda' everything that's been going on with me!" Like, reallyt, who would care?!

Working nights at an Internet provider, we are of course "multi-homed" meaning we have multiple upstream providers, so that if oone of them has a problem of one sort or another, that we are not affected. As part of a 'diverse' network, we maintain a small off-site presence of our own physical gear so that our network not only involves multiple upstream providers, but also multiple physical locations.

So one night, all the gear we have at our off-site location goes dark. Try as I might, I cannot gain anything, not even a reply ping, from any of our gear there. I called the 24 hr # for the provider we were using (they owned space in the #1 most important Internet location here in our city), but no-one was answering their phones.

After hours of being unable to reach it, and not having answers, I finally resorted to Twitter, and searching, I was able to find a few other IT professionals who, like myself, were having trouble getting to their gear. Some of them were close enough and had actually visited the site -- not an option for me -- and in discussing it with each other I was able to understand what had happened. It turns out that there was a UPS fire in the suite of the provider we were using, so since the UPS is an electrical device, the first step of respondimng to that by the fire department, is to make sure the power is off to the unit... lololol

So yes, if you know what it does, and you have an odd situation, and other people involved are regular Twitter users, once in a blue moon it can end up being useful!

Until that night, I had never dreamed that I'd ever find Twitter useful for anything.
Squirrel get this through your head ' nobody will read it  ? stop that man

RE: Agma.io Twitter - QueenHeather - 10-14-2020

(10-14-2020, 01:31 PM)Tonyagma Wrote:

Plenty of people will read it. There’s no sense in being rude.

RE: Agma.io Twitter - Squirrel - 10-15-2020

(10-14-2020, 01:31 PM)Tonyagma Wrote: Squirrel get this through your head ' nobody will read it  ? stop that man

You want to learn English better -- it would be of some use to you to read it, but I don't care. Do what you like...

But you do not get to tell me how I post messages!

You get THAT through YOUR thick skull!

I kept this brief, so you might understand it.

RE: Agma.io Twitter - Shadow Fox - 10-16-2020

(10-15-2020, 02:38 AM)Squirrel Wrote: You want to learn English better -- it would be of some use to you to read it, but I don't care. Do what you like...

But you do not get to tell me how I post messages!

You get THAT through YOUR thick skull!

I kept this brief, so you might understand it.

I think he's just needs a summary in bullet point form or maybe a tldr section.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Agma.io Twitter - Sarcrack - 10-16-2020

People can read it, like me, i have many free time what im doing with my life! xd
Conclusion: Dont be rude pls, many people can read it and i dont know, maybe squirrel also enjoys to write Smile

RE: Agma.io Twitter - imHitu - 10-16-2020

(10-14-2020, 03:12 PM)QueenHeather Wrote:

I agree!! And you know myself when I write something and that is really interesting I just keep on writing until I don't think its enough lol. If the topic good than I keep on going hehe

RE: Agma.io Twitter - Tonyagma - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 02:24 AM)imHitu Wrote:

I agree!! And you know myself when I write something and that is really interesting I just keep on writing until I don't think its enough lol. If the topic good than I keep on going hehe

It's just something what's real 
If there one of you read it all

Let me below what did it means 
Btw i wasn't rude

RE: Agma.io Twitter - imHitu - 10-16-2020

(10-16-2020, 07:40 AM)Tonyagma Wrote:
(10-16-2020, 02:24 AM)imHitu Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 03:44 PM)Squirrel Wrote: I have never been a fan of Twitter -- to me, it is a series of nonsensical one-liners about people's lives, and I don't know why anyone uses it at all. (lol)

It's just something what's real 
If there one of you read it all

Let me below what did it means 
Btw i wasn't rude

I did read Squirrel's response- his talking about his opinion on Twitter and 1 story he had  about it.  Btw is Squirrel is reading this----the story was funny Tongue