Agario Forum | The Online Agar.io Leading Community
why is everyone so toxic? :c - Printable Version

+- Agario Forum | The Online Agar.io Leading Community (http://agarioforums.net)
+-- Forum: Agar.io (http://agarioforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://agarioforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: why is everyone so toxic? :c (/showthread.php?tid=57607)

why is everyone so toxic? :c - Beaver - 05-01-2019

Whenever I join Agma.io's giant server to go do my usual solo play session, there's always this one player (whom i'm guessing is either a toxic kid or the average teen who are ALWAYS toxic to other people) who tries to trash talk me. This is super annoying as I have to argue with people who aren't worth my time. Also, I don't really turn off chat or mute anyone because I like to see their responses, always a pity to see them lin the butthurt state they seem to be in. :c

RE: why is everyone so toxic? :c - Konoha - 05-01-2019

Well, you can't really do something about it yourself. You can try and ask an in-game moderator to come along and tell them about the situation. What you can try and do is describe the situation to a Discord (or forums, but they aren't as active as those in Discord) moderator and report it to them. If possible, I suggest getting their name as well since some users prefer to use their name as their main and standard name. If a moderator is on their way or no one of the moderator team is there to help you; put your chat to private or into party.

Whatever you do, do NOT give them attention as you will add fuel to the fire and they will talk more and more garbage.

RE: why is everyone so toxic? :c - 7shoes - 05-01-2019

As Konoha said all you have to do is ignoring them since you can not do really do anything else lol

RE: why is everyone so toxic? :c - Squirrel - 05-02-2019

(05-01-2019, 11:46 AM)Konoha Wrote: Well, you can't really do something about it yourself. You can try and ask an in-game moderator to come along and tell them about the situation. What you can try and do is describe the situation to a Discord (or forums, but they aren't as active as those in Discord) moderator and report it to them. If possible, I suggest getting their name as well since some users prefer to use their name as their main and standard name. If a moderator is on their way or no one of the moderator team is there to help you; put your chat to private or into party.

Whatever you do, do NOT give them attention as you will add fuel to the fire and they will talk more and more garbage.

Look at YOU, and how you have grown!!!!!

It looks amazing on you! Here's to the new-times!

(05-01-2019, 11:25 AM)Beaver Wrote: Whenever I join Agma.io's giant server to go do my usual solo play session, there's always this one player (whom i'm guessing is either a toxic kid or the average teen who are ALWAYS toxic to other people) who tries to trash talk me. This is super annoying as I have to argue with people who aren't worth my time. Also, I don't really turn off chat or mute anyone because I like to see their responses, always a pity to see them lin the butthurt state they seem to be in. :c

It's hard to ignore what someone says about you. Even harder, when you are young.

There will always be a few who will dislike you, for whatever reason, and it won't make much sense to you.

Probably this person has anger-management troubles, you bested them a few times, and that's all it took to win you a spot on their 'hated list'.

Just remember that what a person says, in the end, often speaks more about they themselves, than those that they speak out against. So if you read something, get angry, type a reply....
. . . . . . before you hit 'Enter' . . . . . . .
Reread what you want to say... run a self-test... Does it show anger? Will it spur them on? Do you need to say it?
And delete it, if it fails any of those... Because you should protect your own image by being yourself. This is usually a good thing! And for those for who it ISN'T a good thing, usually everyone is already painfully aware, and whatever they say to you, doesn't really matter.

(05-01-2019, 10:30 PM)samira Wrote: @Beaver you don't know how glad you are that I do not really play Agma. A chat box is a danger zone for me. I tend a little bit to be very expressive about my opinion  about.... everything, I guess. And if players do things I don't like I might comment that and that might start something if they respond. Wink

So it's good there is no chat in Agar (which I play primarily). For my own good and for the good of every other Agar player. Big Grin

Yes, I teased you about this already, that after reading one of your messages concerning play styles, and your preferred interactions with people -- how you would treat them, should they brazenly stab you in the back..... heheh. I meant quite seriously that in a way, I'm glad that you and I have a better chance of staying friends, if we never play in the same game! Wink

That said, you are a true warrior, and would be an asset to any team. But one day, I just know I'd have an opinion that would spoil it for 'you and I'.

RE: why is everyone so toxic? :c - Mikasa - 05-05-2019

After being staff in several servers/forums/communities etc., I can speak from experience that you will never be able to completely avoid toxic behaviour and people being toxic in general, which is actually sad.

I have no idea what makes them behave like that and why they continue doing it, but as mentioned above by others, giving them any kind of attention just makes things worse for those who enjoy playing/talking/chatting. That's the point where the (in the best case active, mature and respectful) staff gets their time to shine: They will try and stop the toxic behaviour by talking to them in the private chat or, when the person doesn't get the advice(s) from the mod, they need to mute or even temporary/permanently ban the person.

I always start with the first option, no matter how rude and toxic the person is, since I myself went through a lot in life and know where most of the toxic people can come from.

To finally end my long post, I think I missed the point, but I just wanted to share my experience with toxic people within a usually peaceful community.

RE: why is everyone so toxic? :c - trinity. - 05-07-2019

there will always be someone who will speak badly to you, perhaps because of some kinda of jealousy, or just because some people have only those thing to do in their life xD. I think it's good to remember that some people are only waiting for a reaction, be smart is, i think, to not to give them satisfaction. Finnaly, you are responsable of your own reaction, but not the reaction of the other one ^^.

RE: why is everyone so toxic? :c - trinity. - 05-09-2019

@samira It's important to respect yourself too, it's the same thing for me Smile