Agario Forum | The Online Agar.io Leading Community
Agma suggestion (locked name) - Printable Version

+- Agario Forum | The Online Agar.io Leading Community (http://agarioforums.net)
+-- Forum: News (http://agarioforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ideas (http://agarioforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Thread: Agma suggestion (locked name) (/showthread.php?tid=36617)

Pages: 1 2

Agma suggestion (locked name) - Kevin/HazR - 07-10-2017

So i was wondering if there could be a option to Lock your account name for Gold members, so for example if i wanna use the name "HazR" i would have to type a Username and a Password. So that people cant get faked. It would make it alot more easy for players to trust eachother, and it should only be like the normal character name that should be locked.

RE: Agma suggestion (locked name) - Squirrel - 07-11-2017

(07-10-2017, 06:20 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote: So i was wondering if there could be a option to Lock your account name for Gold members, so for example if i wanna use the name "HazR" i would have to type a Username and a Password. So that people cant get faked. It would make it alot more easy for players to trust eachother, and it should only be like the normal character name that should be locked.

I could be wrong, but I would suspect that accounts will become involved, and that would have the same result.

We just have to be patient. Smile

RE: Agma suggestion (locked name) - Kevin/HazR - 07-11-2017

(07-11-2017, 04:48 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 06:20 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote: So i was wondering if there could be a option to Lock your account name for Gold members, so for example if i wanna use the name "HazR" i would have to type a Username and a Password. So that people cant get faked. It would make it alot more easy for players to trust eachother, and it should only be like the normal character name that should be locked.

I could be wrong, but I would suspect that accounts will become involved, and that would have the same result.

What do you mean? 0.o

(07-11-2017, 10:33 AM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

What do you mean? 0.o

Undahstanding weel come to you, gwasshoppa!

~checks his underbelly for signs of vodka poisoning & spam~

(07-11-2017, 11:53 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 10:33 AM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

What do you mean? 0.o

Undahstanding weel come to you, gwasshoppa!

~checks his underbelly for signs of vodka poisoning & spam~

eh?

RE: Agma suggestion (locked name) - ™ Chronic - 07-11-2017

are you talking about names on game cells? How will that stop anyone from typing what they want as a name

(07-11-2017, 12:22 PM)™ Chronic Wrote:

are you talking about names on game cells? How will that stop anyone from typing what they want as a name

So when i for example wanted to use the name "HazR" and typed it in, it would activate a script that would require me to type a Username and a Password to use that specific name.

RE: Agma suggestion (locked name) - EqAtOmBe - 07-11-2017

A protection to avoid the fakes and thus avoid that people use the identity of another person

I would also add an option change password

RE: Agma suggestion (locked name) - ™ Chronic - 07-11-2017

(07-11-2017, 12:27 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

So when i for example wanted to use the name "HazR" and typed it in, it would activate a script that would require me to type a Username and a Password to use that specific name.

Good idea. I think it should be like that for every one not just gold members. Its more a tool than a benefit. Sora could then effectively and quickly deal with IP numbers who have names like "No Dogs No Niggers"  He will only need the name and then he has the ip number. Others wouldn't be-able to fake names and cause  trouble.

(07-11-2017, 01:58 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: Good idea. I think it should be like that for every one not just gold members. Its more a tool than a benefit. Sora could then effectively and quickly deal with IP numbers who have names like "No Dogs No Niggers"  He will only need the name and then he has the ip number. Others wouldn't be-able to fake names and cause  trouble.

I think a proper login system has been intended from the start, but that they did this for ease-of-use, and to get people testing the Beta version faster.

It clearly can't stay the way it is, for technical reasons.

(07-11-2017, 01:58 PM)™ Chronic Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 12:27 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

Good idea. I think it should be like that for every one not just gold members. Its more a tool than a benefit. Sora could then effectively and quickly deal with IP numbers who have names like "No Dogs No Niggers"  He will only need the name and then he has the ip number. Others wouldn't be-able to fake names and cause  trouble.

no only gold members

RE: Agma suggestion (locked name) - Sora - 07-11-2017

Locked nicknames cannot be implemented since there are multiple issues behind. It is a nice idea. It was partly worked on, but there were too many conflicting issues with the idea. (players who are already spawned with a specific nick, players on other gameservers, duration of nickname lock, user interface for it all, skins previously attached to a locked name, and more)
Remmeber that you have both username, and nickname. Username cannot change and is unique, but nickname can change and is not. It might be possible in the future to right click a playercell and view its username if logged in. As well as viewing player's level. That should make it impossible for someone to fake being you.

(07-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Sora Wrote: Locked nicknames cannot be implemented since there are multiple issues behind. It is a nice idea. It was partly worked on, but there were too many conflicting issues with the idea.
Remmeber that you have both username, and nickname. Username cannot change and is unique, but nickname can change and is not. It might be possible to right click a playercell and view its username if logged in. As well as viewing player's level. That should make it impossible for someone to fake being you.

hmmm true

RE: Agma suggestion (locked name) - QueenHeather - 07-11-2017

Being able to right click and see username and level would eliminate any friends believing that a fake is you. Great idea @Sora

(07-11-2017, 03:38 PM)Sora Wrote: Locked nicknames cannot be implemented since there are multiple issues behind. It is a nice idea. It was partly worked on, but there were too many conflicting issues with the idea. (players who are already spawned with a specific nick, players on other gameservers, duration of nickname lock, user interface for it all, skins previously attached to a locked name, and more)
Remmeber that you have both username, and nickname. Username cannot change and is unique, but nickname can change and is not. It might be possible in the future to right click a playercell and view its username if logged in. As well as viewing player's level. That should make it impossible for someone to fake being you.

I kind of figured that you'd do away with nicknames altogether...

You could allow a user to change their name, I suppose, if the name weren't already taken.

Name changes drive me crazy, and make me not want to talk to anyone... (lol -- on Discord and in the game alike)!